I Set My Hope on Jesus (Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing)
Matt Boswell, Matt Papa, Sing!
Verse 1
When this life of trials tests my faith,
I set my hope on Jesus.
When the questions come and doubts remain,
I set my hope on Jesus.
For the deepest wounds that time won't heal,
there's a joy that runs still deeper.
There's a truth that's more than all I feel;
I set my hope on Jesus.
Chorus
I set my hope on Jesus,
my rock, my only trust,
who set His heart upon me first;
I set my hope on Jesus.
Verse 2
Though I falter in this war with sin,
I set my hope on Jesus.
When I fail the fight and sink within,
I set my hope on Jesus.
Though the shame would drown me in its sea,
and I dread the waves of justice,
I will cast my life on Calvary;
I set my hope on Jesus.
Verse 3
Though the world call me to leave my Lord,
I set my hope on Jesus.
Though it offer all its vain rewards,
I set my hope on Jesus.
Though this heart of mine be prone to stray,
give me grace enough to finish.
Till I worship on that final day,
I set my hope on Jesus.
Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing — Verse 3
Oh, to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wand'ring heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, Lord,
take and seal it,
seal it for Thy courts above!
No comments:
Post a Comment